Saturday, February 20, 2010

Knowledge #3

Maysen and I went to the Pine Mountain Gold Museum today. I had never been there even though you can practically walk there from my house. We learned that the first gold found in this area was probably found around 1826. Also our town use to be named Hixtown (I think. I know it started with Hix).

Maysen and I had a great time walking around the trails on the outside of the museum. It was a beautiful perfect day.
Maysen



Stephanie - sitting in an old furnace
Back to Maysen - at a fault line

As part of the Knowledge #3 requirement, we needed to go to a museum. Check. We also needed to memorize the 13th article of faith. I've already said it to Maysen, but I will write it here. I am doing it from memory, so there might be punctuation errors - but hopefully not spelling/wording errors.

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous and in doing good to all men. Indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy we seek after these things.

Wow. It is much harder to type it then it is to say it! I need to write how I can use this article as a guide for all I do so the Holy Ghost will be my constant companion. I have always tried to live my life as honestly as possible. Probably because my mom praised me for my honesty when I was in 9th grade - I still have the letter she wrote me. I love this article. It is so full of hope and joy. It helps me look on the bright side of life, even when I am in the process of enduring a trial. If I am always able to live by this article - honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, doing good to all - and if I choose virtuous, lovely and praiseworthy activities, how can I not feel the companionship of the Holy Ghost? My favorite time of day is when I hear my children pray. I feel the presence of the Holy Ghost. The love of Christ is so strong - it has amazed me how often I have been able to have that feeling lately.

No comments: