Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Good-Bye Mirror Lake

Today was Jorja's last day at school. She has loved it. She loved every year and every teacher. I have loved this school as well. Jorja's class ate in the classroom to celebrate Jorja. They made her a cute good-bye poster and gave her some flowers. They also had cupcakes. She has had a great school year and made a new favorite friend. Mason. Jorja collects friends. Every year she has one very special friend. This year it was Mason. I wonder who it will be when we get to Utah.
Jorja & Mason

Flowers from her class
Ms. Chambers (student teacher) & Jorja
Jorja & Mrs. Trombino
At the end of the day, I went to sign the withdrawal papers for Jorja. As I left the office, I noticed her talking to Mrs. Latham. We were talking for a bit when Mrs. Catlin and Emma found us. Emma was Jorja's favorite friend in Kindergarten. She is still a very, very favorite friend to Jorja. They don't have the same teacher, but they still get to have P.C. together. Anyway, Emma was so sad to say good-bye to Jorja. Jorja gave her a hug, but didn't say anything. Emma couldn't talk, she was too upset. As Emma walked away Jorja ran up and put a frog on her shoulder. I was tearing up just watching them. Jorja had spent her camp cash on the frog. She is going to miss Emma.

When I went to lunch for Jorja's party, I brought Stockton so he could eat with his friends. I don't think he liked all the attention he received from all the kids. It's "annoying". He has had a couple of very long, boring days.
Stockton & Mrs. Catlin ~ 4th grade
Mrs. Smith (White) & Stockton ~ 2nd grade
Mason & Stockton ~ a bunch of goons
Today Maysen had a combined activity. It was a scavenger hunt at the mall. Maysen had a pretty good time. After the activity, Jerome & Payton came over and helped load more boxes. Payton was the very first person Maysen met in Georgia. They were four. Wow.
Payton & Maysen
Irene also came over and helped me for several hours. Darren helped load more boxes and Stephanie came over in the morning and then at night. She stayed until past midnight. I really appreciate it. Our original plan was to be all packed up and ready to leave at 6 a.m. in the morning. That is not going to happen. Hopefully we can leave tomorrow....we have so much to do. It is 2:00 in the morning, so I better get some sleep.

No comments: