Friday, February 25, 2011

Empty Seat

Stockton had his 5th grade writing assessment today. It was held at the South Towne Expo Center. They were also having a safety fair there, so Stockton and I went to check it out. It was pretty fun. Stockton liked spinning all the different wheels for little prizes. After two hours of playing around, we decided to go and get the rest of the kids. We brought them back for face painting and balloon animals. They loved it. Well, Maysen tolerated it.
Preston as a puppy ~ aren't his eyes beautiful?
Preston & his puppy
Maysen asked for an "awesome hat". It was pretty cool, and made her easy to spot.
Maysen's awesome hat
Maysen's cat
Jorja's face paint had mostly smeared by the time I took this picture. She was a glittery cat. Really cute. I was upset with myself for not having my camera with me.
Jorja & her frog
Stockton always likes to be different. He wanted eyes on his cheeks and was pretty proud of his 'four eyes'. He also wanted a hot dog balloon. The clown thought he was pretty crazy, but Stockton was very happy with it.
Stockton & his hot dog
After the fair, we went to a Chinese grocery store. They also have cool Chinese knickknacks. Jorja picked out a frog bowl and a bamboo to put in it. It looks really cute. Our next stop was the library, then Roberts. It was a pretty long day, and funny to see the kids at the library with their faces painted. Now we are spending the rest of the day putting our house together. I think that is going to take months.

While I was at the fair with Stockton, my friend Teresa called me. Stockton was having a blast playing Mario Kart, so I got to chat with her. Teresa said that our bench in church is still empty. She said that it is getting really funny. She tried to get Brother Stevenson to sit there last Sunday, but he said, "No way! I'm not going to be the one that takes the Smith's spot!" Or something like that. Made me laugh. We sure did love Georgia.

No comments: