Friday, April 8, 2011

Nourishment

Mike and Stockton are camping. It has been snowing all day. I am so glad I am not them. They are camping with the 11 year old scouts at Wheeler Farm. I hope Mike remembered to take his allergy pills. Mike called before bed and said that besides dinner, steak and potatoes, Stockton is having a great time.

I took Jorja to Target to pick out her Friday prize. She wanted a froggy backpack, but settled for a froggy lunch box. She got 100% on her Chinese spelling test, and for the first time she was able to read the Chinese sentences. She worked so hard this week! It is getting a little easier for her though. It is nice when she recognizes symbols, she gets pretty excited about that.

Jorja and I were trying to find somewhere to pick up food. We couldn't decide on anything, so I picked Carl's Jr. - against Jorja's wishes. That was my choice because it was right next to the pet shop where we stopped for crickets. I got french toast sticks and french fries for the kids, a hamburger and onion rings for me. As Maysen was saying the prayer she said, "Please bless the food that it will give us nourishment....well it probably won't." Haha. She makes me laugh. I know, horrible dinner! Preston did surprise me and LOVED the onion rings! Yea! Now I will have someone to share them with!

No comments: