Wednesday, June 12, 2013

2nd Swim Meet

We had our second swim/dive meet of the season.  This one was a lot better than the first!  The parking was better, the weather was better, there were more chairs, there were not as many kids so the meet went faster, Mike was able to come . . . it was a great day!

Stockton scored a little better at this meet.  His total was 95.05.  He scored straight 5 1/2s on three of his dives, he thought that was pretty funny.
Stockton ~ 1/2
I put a ton of videos on this post.  I am not confident in my ability to do that, so here's hoping for the best!
Stockton ~ back flip
Preston is awesome.  I just love him to pieces.  There are so many whistles at a swim meet.  They each mean different things.  One to get on your block, one to get in position, one to start.  Lots of them. Anyway, Preston heard a whistle & jumped right in!  Luckily he noticed us yelling at him to stop.  He smiled and said, "What?  I was just getting ready."
Preston ~ starting his freestyle
I get such a kick out of watching him swim.  He swims in super slow motion and it is awesome.  I love it.  The coolest thing is he thinks he is so fast!  He was a little past half way when I'm pretty sure everyone else was finished.  The announcer must have heard me cheering for him because she said into her microphone, "Let's have everyone cheer for Preston!"  When Preston finally reached the end he said, "Did you see how fast I was?"  Love that boy!  The other day at practice he told me, "It might not look like a long way, but it actually really is."  I believe you Preston.
Preston ~ finishing his freestyle
I love to watch Jorja swim too.  I wish I could swim like she does.  She was excited because she was going to be able to swim the breast stroke in the relay, but then she wasn't able to because they didn't have four girls her age for this meet.  That meant she only swam three events. She was okay with that.
Jorja
Jorja ~ beginning her freestyle
Jorja ended up swimming her breast stroke in a heat full of boys.  She did great!
Jorja ~ breast stroke
 She calls this the 'froggy stroke'.
Any guesses as to why this is her favorite?
 Nice job Porge!
 Preston about to start his back stroke
 Seriously, how adorable is he?
 Preston ~ finishing his backstroke = awesomeness
Jorja's last event was the butterfly.  It is only a 25.  She was excited to be swimming it instead of the backstroke.  For some reason the backstroke is her least favorite.
Jorja ~ Fly
Finished!!!
I have no idea what Preston's times are.  I wish I did, because it would be so cute to watch him improve.  Jorja swam her 50 free in 52.28. Almost three seconds faster than last week!  She swam her breast stroke in 1:02.85.  Almost FIVE seconds faster than last week!  Her butterfly was about the same as she swam it in time trials.  Nice work Jorja Porja!  I LOVE watching you swim!

Mike took Stockton home after they watched Jorja swim her breast stroke.  They were able to see Preston swim his free and Jorja her free and breast.  Mike's eye was killing him, so they made a quick exit.  After the meet I stopped at Burger King for 50 cent cones.  The car in front of us was pretty slow, but I didn't mind.  When we got our ice cream they gave me three cones.  I told them I only ordered two.  They said the extra cone was for waiting.  I was planning on being good and not eating the ice cream, but what are you going to do?  I believe it was my duty to eat it.  It was a yummy duty.

No comments: