Thursday, October 31, 2013

Girls' Room Day 11 & Halloween!

Yay!  Halloween is finally here!  Here is Jorja's dragon costume in front of Maysen's dragon.  Jorja did her own face paint.  Jorja and Preston loved their gloved claws Mike made them.
Jorja
Jorja also did Preston's face paint.  Preston is a black dragon.  He looks a little scary.  I guess that is the point of Halloween.
Preston
 Preston dragon
Maysen wore her kimono she got in Japan
Mike dressed up as Bowser.  He made his own pants without a pattern. He was quite proud of that.  He has been working late into the night with all the kids.  They have fun making them, but it sure takes up a lot of time.
Mike
This morning I went and watched the parade at the elementary school. Preston's wings had broken by the time of the parade.  Drat!  He was happy as could be despite his wing.  Thank goodness!
Preston
The principal dressed up as Gru and all the teachers were minions.  I thought that was funny.  Mr. Jerman was Dr. Nefario.  I didn't get a picture of the best costume.  Some little kid dressed up as the old guy in Up.  Complete with shaved hair.  Reminded me of Cameron Lott.  For the 100th day of school they were supposed to dress how they would look if they were 100.  Cameron shaved his head for it as well.  That was in 2nd grade.  It was so funny!  I did manage to get a cute picture of Preston's friend Blake.
 Ben & Blake
 Jorja
After the parade I helped with the party in Preston's class.  My station was easy.  It was a Halloween bean bag toss.  Simple.

Jorja and Preston came home from school first.  They have no school tomorrow (best idea ever!!!) so today was short day.  As soon as they came home I took them to Mike's work.  They were able to go trick-or-treating and peoples' desks.  There were several decorated rooms.  A Mario room, a Smurf room, a minion room, Princess Bride room, dinosaur room, a Whoville room . . . and a ton more.  It was pretty cool. The kids loved it.  Preston went up to someone who didn't have a candy bucket on his desk.  He did have one candy.  Preston pointed at it and said, "Ummm.  Dots."  Oh boy.  He did get the dots though.

Once everyone was home we had a couple of hours to fix costumes and add last minute touches.  Stockton was the first one to leave.  His friends came to get him around 5:30.  They were out for a long time! Those guys are serious about their candy!
Stockton  
Stockton's costume turned out great.  He even let me try it on!
Stephanie
Trick-or-treating in our neighborhood is crazy!  On our street alone Kimbo has a full on Thai dinner, the Haymore's have scones and cider and the Birds had meatballs and chicken wings.  We learned our first year that dinner is at the neighbors on Halloween.
 Mike
Maysen took Preston around trick-or-treating this year.  It was awesome.  I have had a lot of back pain this last week.  I was not looking forward to walking any more than I had to.  Maysen was able to take advantage of her height and enjoy the spoils of the night.
Maysen
Jorja waited until Olivia could come over.  She got here around 7:00.  It was perfect for us because Jorja handed out candy while we picked up dinner from the neighbors.  I made a plate at Kimbo's house to bring home to Chelsea.  Chelsea has never been trick-or-treating by the way. Unbelievable!  When Stockton came home I showed her his loot.  She could not believe it.  He had several full size candy bars and about a quarter of his pillow case was full.  Yep, our neighborhood is pretty great on Halloween.

Chelsea spent the day making the girls' room look incredible.  I absolutely love the corner of this wall.  I love how the cliff looks like is is going away from me, even though the wall turns.  How does she do that?  So beautiful!
I am so glad Halloween is over!  Now we can reclaim our life and our house!  Glad the kids had fun and have some awesome memories, but I am tired.

No comments: