Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Girls' Room Day 16

This frog is so cool!  It took Jorja a long time to decide which frog she wanted Chelsea to paint by the door.  She finally decided on this one because it would be looking at her bed.  Haha!  It is adorable how much Jorja loves frogs.  I wonder if she will ever grow out of it?  Maybe one day, but I am positive she will always love her frog room!
Jorja's new frog
 You can kind of get an idea how big the frog is in this picture.
Chelsea also added a dragon to Maysen's side.  I love it!  The greens on this dragon are gorgeous!  The dragon is even more beautiful than the picture Chelsea showed me.  It is a small dragon and will be just above Maysen's bed.  It is perfect!
Maysen's dragon
 Maysen's wall.
I volunteered at the school for most of the morning.  Preston's class is easy, just correcting papers.  I can't help out too much with the Chinese! Luckily the papers are math.  I also helped in Jorja's class.  Mrs. VanWagoner has me work with the kids who are not understanding the math unit.  Usually I work with the same kids.  Today was driving me crazy!  I had three boys.  Mrs. VanWagoner wanted me to go over the homework with them.  One boy did his work and the other two did not. The boy who did his work insisted he knew how to do everything and had all the answers right.  That was not the case.  He didn't believe me on several problems.  The only way I could convince him was if I went and looked at the teachers manual.  Whatever.  The boy insisted that he was right and that his dad helped him.  Oh boy.

One of the other boys I was working with didn't do his work.  He didn't bring out a pencil.  He had a white board and marker, which is what I usually like to use when we do the math.  But he didn't have his work done.  I was giving him the answers!  After we worked through the problems of course.  I asked him several times if he would like to get a pencil so he could write the answers.  (I never told him to get a pencil, I was just blown away that he didn't want to get one.)  One time I even said, "I am giving you the answers, don't you want to write them down so you don't have to do this later?"  Apparently not.

As I was leaving the school I had to take a picture of the Kindergarten wall.  There actually is a Kindergartener named Seven.

No comments: