Monday, May 18, 2015

Niagara Falls

I woke up early this morning and finished packing.  We made it to my dad's house a little before 6:30.  I sure hope I didn't forget anything.  I know I forgot my luggage tags they gave me, but I'm didn't plan on checking my luggage anyway so hopefully that won't be a problem.  I have such a tiny bag and my dad has such a giant bag that I'm wondering what it is I forgot.  Most likely it is the fact that my dad is the tour guide.  He packed lots of books because he was looking for different random quotes.  Anyway, we had no problems with our plane flights.  That's always good.
Stephanie and Ron
Once we arrived we went straight to dinner, then headed over the boarder into Canada.  We had to go in the bus line, obviously.  We were stopped at the boarder for probably an hour.  The line for buses was so long!  When it was our turn, the entire bus has to get off and show the passports and answer a few questions.  The bus line is also the RV line. Yikes!  We went over Rainbow Bridge.  The bus driver said the other bridge is faster.  (He would have taken that one, but on his agenda it said he was suppose to drop off a couple at a hotel on the New York side.  Turns out that was left over from another trip.  I think that couple probably didn't have a passport.)  Anyways, I want to remember that for when we go to Niagara Falls in the summer.  Once we were over the boarder, we were able to get out of the bus for a few minutes and look at the falls.  It is hard to get a good picture to show how pretty it actually is.
Horseshoe Falls @ Niagara Falls
 Ron (Dad) and Stephanie
Our next stop was our hotel.  We knew Brett's family was already there. Our bus driver told us we might want to turn off the roaming on our cell phones so we won't have huge charges.  That made it a bit more tricky to find Brett.  First we found our room and unloaded our stuff. The front desk had given us Brett's room number, so we walked down and knocked on their door.  No one was there.  We decided to try the pool, they weren't there either.  We were walking to the lobby when I saw Brett down the hall.  Yay!  Brett and I were wearing matching shirts that our dad had given us.  How awesome is that?
Brett & Stephanie
Brett's girls were as adorable as ever.  They were so happy.  We talked in the lobby for awhile.  Grace loved giving me pamphlets.  What toddler doesn't love the giant pamphlet shelf?
Grace, Marie, Mina
Mina really wanted to see our room.  While we were there Marie drew us pictures.  Mine said, "Stephanie is the best" then Marie drew a picture of the two of us on the back.  She also made my dad a sign that said, "You Rock Ron!!"  Haha!  My dad had name tags for Marie and Mina.  They loved that!
Marie & Stephanie
The girls wanted to show us their room.  When Brett arrived yesterday they asked him if he wanted a free upgrade.  Their room was bigger.  It had a bathtub in the middle of the room.  There was a giant mirror over the bed.  Here we are making faces in the mirror.
Stephanie, Gracie, Marie, Mina
I guess at 10:00 every night there are fireworks over the falls.  Well, I don't know about every night, but there were fireworks the last two days.  Brett and Rachel said they walked a long way to see the fireworks last night.  When they went off today we saw them from their window. They had a perfect view.  It was great!  We can't see the falls from the window, but the fireworks went up high enough for us to enjoy them. My dad told the girls the Mugawugi story before bed.
Marie, Mina, Grace, Ron (Grandpa)
The pullout bed was quite small.  I asked Rachel if one of her girls would want to come and share my bed.  Marie came with me!  I got to have a sleepover with her!  She fell asleep pretty fast once we were here.  I took a picture because she looked adorable.  I'll have to post that tomorrow.  I uploaded my pictures and then had to wait until morning before they were finished.  Just a little bit slow.

No comments: