Friday, February 12, 2016

Utah State University

Maysen, Jorja and I left early this morning to go on a tour of Utah State University.  It was a cold, snowy tour.  I enjoyed it a lot, although everything is different from when I went there.  That campus is pretty nice now.  We went on a housing tour afterwords.  There is a new housing unit right in the middle of campus that is pretty nice as well. After the tour we were given a free lunch in one of their cafeterias. That was good!  I had salmon and ice cream.  There was so much food. I mentioned to Maysen that this is the reason of the 'freshman 15'. Maysen wasn't able to meet with an academic advisor because the psychology one was unavailable.  That was disappointing.  I wish we would have realized that earlier, maybe one would have been available for creative writing, or for animal stuff.  If Maysen does decide to go to Utah State she would get a 4 year full tuition and fees scholarship. That would be nice.  Maysen liked the campus and the housing, we just aren't sure they have the things she is interested in studying.  Lots of decisions in Maysen's near future.

On the way out of Logan I stopped at a book store.  Jorja needed a biography for school.  I thought we would be able to find one at the campus book store, but nope.  We did get the girls sweats (buy one get one free) and Maysen a shirt ($5 off coupon).  Jorja took forever to pick out a biography.  She did spend a lot of time on the floor laughing about a book called Robopocalypse.  For some reason she found that hilarious.
It was dark when we got to the cabin.  Nathan, Bobby and Zac and their kids arrived about an hour after we did.  I ended staying up until almost 1:00 talking to them.  Mike went to sleep long before I did.  It was really nice though.  I can't wait until Heather gets her tomorrow!

No comments: