Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sanding

I successfully made it through my talk. I did not fall or mess up, so that is good. In my mind I was imagining the congregation all standing up and writing A + + + + + on their imaginary chalkboards. Hopefully I won't have to give another talk for a LONG time!

For Family Home Evening we talked about the things I had learned in my talk. We discussed having the children contribute to fast offerings and talked to them about starting to fast. We are going to start with a two hour fast. We are going to decide what we are fasting for, say our prayers together, then two hours later we will help Maysen and Stockton say an ending prayer for their fast. I hate giving talks, but I like everything I learn while I am preparing for them.

We also had the kids work on their pinewood derby cars. The derby is this Saturday. Everyone is making a car except me (I have no desire to do that). I'm not sure if Preston is making one, but he had fun sanding anyway.

Maysen
Stockton
Jorja and Preston
Dad
If you are wondering why Preston never has a shirt on, it is because he is potty training. He seems to think he can't go to the potty unless he is naked. And of course he likes to go on the potty every three minutes. We've given up on clothes for the time being.

1 comment:

Christen said...

I just love that you post every.single.day. Thank you!