Sunday, October 18, 2009

Different

Mike and I have been looking for a saying we could put in Maysen's room with vinyl letters. We were looking for a cool quote, then Mike had an idea to use a quote from one of Maysen's stories. When Maysen showed me this quote she had written for her new book, I knew we had a winner. "Different. There's so much power in that word, it almost scares me." I loved this quote and thought it fit Maysen perfectly. Now we need to get pictures for her frames.
I realized I have never put pictures up of Maysen's finished room. We have a few small things left to do, but it is pretty much done. Maysen loves her calendar on the wall. On the purple board Mike writes her Portuguese words of the week. She loves that.


Maysen's alarm ~ very loud
Maysen just told Mike that she needs to be careful around me. She said, "I left my talk in the car and mom puts it on the blog, I show her my stories and she puts it on my wall!" Well, she is just too amazing to keep to myself. Love you!

2 comments:

Maysen said...

Now I have to be careful around DAD too.

Missy said...

Ha ha. I love how Maysen's room turned out Stephanie! I think that the jack o'lanterns would be really fun for Maysen. Here is the blog, Not So Idle Hands. http://notsoidlehands.blogspot.com/2009/09/freecycle-friday-glowing-jack-olanterns.html