Sunday, December 6, 2009

Grandma Honey

Grandma Honey died four years ago today. We miss her so much, and my kids still talk about her and wish she was still with us. One of my favorite things she would do for us when she was alive is she would let me pick out Christmas outfits for the kids. She would give us $85 a child. AWESOME!!! I loved it! When Sharen knew she was dying, she made Scoop promise to continue the Christmas outfit tradition. Mike went with Stockton and me to buy his suit this year. (We have used the Christmas money to get him a suit every-other year). As we were discussing what pants to buy, Mike said, "We can't choose those because that would drive my mom crazy." True, and so fun to remember her likes and dislikes. I thought today would be a perfect day for our children to wear their new Christmas outfits. Don't they look fantastic?
Preston, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja

This little cutie would never cause any trouble . . . right?
So handsome!

2 comments:

Christen said...

Good lookin' kids! I also love Grandma Honey's tradition -- my girls are wearing beautiful hand me downs this year thanks to you (and her!). I've already gotten a lot of compliments on the matching dresses. Thanks!

Stephanie said...

Thanks Christen! Your comment made me laugh!