Monday, December 7, 2009

Is That My Password?

Preston is such a computer loving boy. Today he came up to me and said, "Mom, P-R-E-S-T-O-N, is that my password?" My jaw about hit the floor. I said, "No, that is your name!" Then he repeated that question at least ten more times. I couldn't believe he could spell his name! He just turned three! We finally convinced him that P-R-E-S-T-O-N is his name, and he has spelled it the rest of the day. Although some times he thinks he is funny if he changes it up a little. What a little smarty pants!

Actually all of my kids have spelled their names really early. I remember Maysen had just turned three and she was taking a bath. She started singing M-A-Y-S-E-N spells Maysen. Stockton first spelled his name when he was just barely two. He wasn't even talking yet, but he was fascinated with letters. I was holding him in our apartment. As we were walking down the hall he started spelling his name. At first I thought he was spelling random letters, but no, he spelled his entire name. Jorja also could spell her name when she was two. Actually when Jorja was that age, all the kids were obsessed with their backward names. Maysen's reflection was named Nesyam. Stockton's was Notkcots and Jorja's was Ajroj. When we were on our cruise, I remember Jorja jumping around singing "A-J-R-O-J". What crazy kids.

No comments: