Thursday, December 2, 2010

Festival of Trees

I have been so excited to go to the Festival of Trees this year. It was something I loved to do when I was growing up, and has been years since I've been able to enjoy it. I took Stockton & Maysen during the day. My dad watched Preston. After school, I went back with Jorja. It was great. There was one tree there that had all these autographed jerseys and basketballs. Michael Jordan, John Stockton, Steve Young . . . a ton of stuff. I bet that tree cost a pretty penny. My favorite this year was the Gingerbread Houses. Probably because we just did ours. There was one house that had a carnival around it. Ferris wheel, merry-go-round, roller coaster ... the works. I wish I had my camera! Talk about an over-achiever.

Quick Preston story. He was walking out of the kitchen and saw Talon on the rug. He said, "What the? Talon, how did you get here?" Preston then quickly came to the conclusion that Talon warped upstairs. Maysen asked how that was possible. He said, "He was under the table and kept going until he warped upstairs." Maysen tried arguing her position that that was impossible. Preston would not be convinced. He just kept saying, "No, Talon was under the table then he warped upstairs." I love it.

1 comment:

The Bubs said...

Did you notice the teenagers that were "watching" the trees in the afternoon. They were my AVID students. They went with another AVID teacher. I would have been there, but they wanted me to pay for it, and we're going today free of charge anyway.