Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Work

Jorja had a 'Literacy Day' at her school today.  I guess it is a big deal. All the work that they have done during the year is displayed.  The only problem was, I didn't know about it.  Her teacher sent e-mails to everyone, but I didn't get one.  I guess her computer crashed and she had to redo her address book.  She imputed my email address wrong.  I noticed that I hadn't been getting her weekly emails, but I figured it was because it is the end of the year and they don't have homework anymore.  Out of about sixty kids, only five didn't have parents show up. Jorja was one of them.  Anyway, I was told that Jorja was crying and was quite upset.  Jorja tried calling, but I was playing racquetball at that exact moment.  On the bright side, I did win both games.

Preston had a t-ball game today.  I was hoping he would get a hit from a 'coach pitch' ball.  I brought my camera to record it just in case.  The first two times he was up he ended up hitting from a tee.  When he got up the third time, my camera said, "out of memory".  Great.  I tried to frantically erase things I didn't need, but I gave up.  Preston did get a hit, so that was exciting. 

After the game we went to Natalie (Ange's sister) and Dustin's house to celebrate Abigail's birthday.  Two years old and such a sweet heart.  We gave her a book.  Goodnight Moon.  Bubs recorded reading it when he was here last week.  I hope she enjoys it.

When I finally got home I sat and looked through all of Jorja's papers she brought home.  She had a Weekend Journal that was quite awesome. I always love the Book About Me books, so that was a great read.  My favorite had to come from her Feelings Journal.  I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I couldn't even read it, I just handed the page to Mike so he could read it while I laughed and laughed.  This is what Jorja wrote about her feelings of work.  (It is a fill in the blank type of paper.)

When I work hard I feel.....very tired.
The hardest thing I have ever done was...I'm not sure.  I've done many hard things!
One job I would not like doing is....cleaning the playroom.
Because.....It always gets so mesy.
One good thing about hard work is....you can get it done.
The hardest working person I know is....I don't know, but not my dad. At his work he just plays.

CLASSIC!  I love it!

1 comment:

brett said...

That's awesome. "I don't know, but not my Dad." Pretty funny stuff.