Monday, January 14, 2013

Prove It

Preston was a little agitated after school.  He was talking with one of his friends about Mario Kart.  His friend had Mario Kart 7 (I think). Preston told him that he had Mario Kart DS.  This boy didn't believe that game existed because he hadn't seen a commercial for it.  Preston insisted that we go to his house so he could PROVE that he was right.  I told Preston that I didn't even know where this boy lived.  After awhile Preston said, "I know!  He invited me to his birthday party.  I bet his address is on there."  Preston was invited to several birthday parties a few months ago.  I didn't have him go to any because I was doing my best to keep my head above water.  I couldn't fit one extra thing in.  I assumed he was talking about one of those.  I told Preston that I threw those invitations away.  Preston said, "His invitation is in the front pocket of my backpack."  I was surprised and I asked him why he didn't show it to me.  Preston kind of paused and then said, "I didn't show it to you because I didn't want to go."  Oh man!  What a sneaky silly little boy I have!

Today I was lucky enough to see my cousin Heather for a few minutes.  I called her (finally) and told her I had some Christmas money from Grandpa.  (Yes, I am that far behind!)  She was able to stop by on her way home from work.  It was really good to see her.  We have been through so many similar experiences that we just get each other.

When I tucked Preston into bed tonight he kept singing, "I'm so cute! I'm so cute!"  Yes he is!

2 comments:

Heather said...

It was great to see you and catch up! We need to do it more often, especially since you live so close. Sorry I made you late to Stockton's diving!

Stephanie said...

It was worth it! We DO need to see each other more. Let me know when you are done with your trial!