Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Last Day

We have not been good at shoveling our driveway this year.  Stockton had a scout activity where they were shoveling driveways.  He did not bring back our shovel.  It hasn't been a big problem.  Mike has a 4-wheel drive and I have snow tires on.  My family can't get up our driveway easily though.  Anyway, Mike has now bought a motorhome. We need to get the driveway de-iced in order to get the motorhome up it.  Mike's plan was to spend today and tomorrow after work getting it cleared up.  Around 11:00 I heard a knock on the door.  It was the RV people with our motorhome!  Mike started to get worried that we wouldn't be able to get the motorhome up the slope of our driveway, even without ice.  That would be a bummer to buy something and then have no where to put it.  The RV people brought the motorhome over to test it out.  Luckily they didn't try!  I'm sure it would have slid off the driveway and hit the side wall.  They were really nice about it though.

Today was Maysen's last day of her quarter.  She had a math test today. She said she was feeling really confident.  She has a B+ in math right now, we were hoping the test would raise her grade.  When she got home I asked her how the test went.  She said it was really easy. Maysen asked me to print out her new schedule, so I got on Skyward. When I was there I saw Maysen's test result.  She did not do well.  It dropped her grade from a B+ to a C+.  I was shocked!  This is the last day of the quarter, no chance to fix anything.  That means her chance of getting the Regents scholarship is gone. Extremely lowers her chance to get into BYU.  We were both sick.  Maysen couldn't believe it!  She thought she understood everything.  Then she told me that her teacher never corrects their homework, maybe she had been doing it wrong all along.  Holy cow.  Just stunned.  I told Maysen she had to talk to her teacher to find out what happened.  (She has told me before that this teacher says a C is good, so I was not too hopeful.  How can a C be good if you lose your chance to get the Regents scholarship?  Most colleges don't think Cs are good as well.)  Anyway, Maysen and I jumped in the car and she went in to see if there was anything she could do.  I brought a book and told her to take her time.  She came out about twenty minutes later.  Her teacher worked through her test with her.  She had just made several silly mistakes.  He said that he knew she worked hard, really tried and wasn't just expecting an easy A.  He gave her another test to take home and asked her to hand it in in the morning. So glad Maysen talked to him.  So glad he was still at the school! Maysen worked on her test for a long time tonight.  She worked pretty hard until it was time to go to Young Womens.  Her class was going on a night hike.  She was thrilled.  Just kidding.  She did good though.

I had my beehives cut the invitations out for New Beginnings.  We then put a hole punch through the chimney and threaded a string of a balloon though.  The girls helped me deliver all the invitations. Everything was going so smoothly.  The one thing I didn't plan on was the strings getting horribly tangled with each other!  Oh man!  It took forever to untangle.  Finally Jacqui cut all the strings and we rethreaded the houses.  In hind site, it would have been smarter to cut and hole punch the houses, then not to thread the houses through until we were walking up to the door.  Oh well.  Live and learn.
Riley, Sephora, Whitney, Senora, Chloe, Lauren
 Olivia - she is my first new beehive this year.  Comes in February!
We will be getting six new beehives this year.  Three of them are named Olivia.  Haha!  The others are Ebony, Majena and Jorja.  Glad I didn't name Jorja 'Olivia'.  It was on the list!

No comments: