Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Gingerbread Factory

Mike had to take the motorhome in today for some repairs they had to order parts for.  Because he would be going late to work he decided to work from home today.  Yay!  It was nice not to have travel time to deal with because I needed any spare second he had to get ready for the gingerbread tonight.  This is one of my favorite nights out of the entire year.  I'm glad my family loves it as much as I do.  Tage told me she skipped her choir performance so she could come.  The hardest part about doing this is finding a time around Christmas where everyone is available!  Today was the only day that worked.  Maysen, Stockton, Jorja and I had to skip our youth activities for today.  Family time is worth it though.  Steve and Shannon brought a lot of pizza and Lisa and Nathan brought pies.  Perfect.
Weston
 Jacob
 Michael
 Tage
 Lisa
 Brandon
 Preston
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Miah
 Nova & Nathan ~ Nova LOVED playing with the sink!
 Mike
 Stephanie
 Mike's house.  He labeled it.
 Jorja
I told my kids that I would make them each a gingerbread house, but if they wanted a different flavor, they would need to make it themselves. Last year I made chocolate chip, sugar cookie, snicker doodle, chocolate chocolate chip....it just takes a lot of time.  I was making 25 houses tonight, so I didn't want to deal with that!  Jorja made a red velvet house.  She helped Preston make a blue house.  Maysen made a sugar cookie house.  Too bad I broke one of the edges by not being careful (Gingerbread is a lot harder.  I forgot I needed to be gentle with these!)  Anyway, I made Maysen another sugar cookie house and Mike took the one with the broken piece.  I also kind of burnt one gingerbread house.  Whoops!  It looked fine, but I'm not sure how it would taste.  Stockton volunteered to have that one.  So nice!
Jorja's house
 Michael's cathedral
 Jonah (Michael's friend)
 Shannon
 Maysen
 Erica & Melissa
 Shannon
Tage brought a foreign exchange student from France.  His name is Gaspard.  He had never heard of decorating gingerbread houses before. I had to laugh at his technique!
Gaspard
 Maysen
 Stockton
 Maysen
 Aimee (and Sherry)
Mike LOVED the fact that a ton of people crowded in the piano room to watch TV.  He had just hung one up as a test.  When people were done with their houses they ended up watching Studio C.  I guess we will end up keeping the TV there.
Melissa, Jorja, Stockton, Gaspard, Tage, Michael, Jonah, Miah, Erica
 Mess of houses
I make everyone get their picture taken with their house.  I tell them that is the cost of admission.  I love seeing how different everyone's creations are.  Same candy choice, but so different!  I wish I had their creativity!
Maysen
 Stockton
 Aimee and Nova
 Aimee
 How awesome is that sled?
 Lisa
 Shannon
 Jacob
 Brandon
 Erica
 Melissa
 Melissa made a minion house.  Super fun!
 Weston
 Derek
 Nathan (I'm not sure whose house he swiped)
 Jacob, Steve, Weston, Shannon, Brandon, Erica
 Derek, Nova, Melissa
 With Nathan's photobomb
 Just a little obsessed with Nova
 Aimee, Nova, Nathan, Lisa, Michael, Jonah
 Miah
 Jonah
 Michael
 Gaspard & Tage
 Gaspard, Tage, Xander, Miah
 Gaspard, Tage, Sherry, Xander, Miah
 Tage
 I love the hot tub!
 Xander always likes to make a 'house of horror'.
 I will need to remember to look for candy at Halloween for him.
 Gaspard
 French flag
 Jorja
 Preston wanted pictures from every angle
 Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Mike, and Jorja
 With a timer.  Maysen, Preston, Stockton, Mike
Stephanie, Jorja
 Stephanie ~ I usually don't get much time to decorate
 Mike
 I like his snow fort and log pile
 Preston's back for more!
 He wanted to make sure I got a picture of his fireplace.
Tic Tacs and pretzels in a Tic Tac box.
What a fun, long, exhausting, happy day!

No comments: