Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Packing

I spent today packing and doing laundry.  I gave the kids packing lists. For example, 4 shirts, 4 pants, 4 socks.  I gathered their items and brought them to the motorhome.  It is great packing in drawers instead of suitcases!  I got Stockton's clothes last.  When I got his, I noticed he only packed 2 pairs of socks.  I asked him why he didn't get four.  He insisted he did.  I guess he literally packed four socks, even though I obviously wanted him to pack four pairs of socks.  Mike and I then spent the next thirty minutes discussing if Stockton was being obnoxious/silly or if he just didn't understand.  Mike was certain that Stockton thought I meant 2 pairs of socks when I asked for 4 socks. Really?  Even after it was listed right behind 4 shirts and 4 pants?  Who automatically does division on a packing list. I guess Stockton does.  I live with an extremely literal family.

No comments: