Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Caucus

This is the last week in the quarter.  The last week is always so stressful. Stockton had a take home calculus test today.  He also has a huge French test tomorrow.  He is on the bubble with French, so he really needs an A.  He has worked so hard.  I'm really proud of him.  Maysen has all As right now in her classes as well.  I hope it stays that way!

Mike, Maysen and I went to the caucus tonight.  It took forever!  I felt bad for my friend Melissa from Boston.  This was her first caucus.  She thought it would be like a primary and she could just come in and vote. She had her two little girls with her.  Finally she just left.  I nominated a guy named Elliot to be a state delegate.  I asked him if he wanted me to nominate him.  He said no, but his eyes said yes.  I nominated him anyway.  He did really well when he was talking about his beliefs.  We had six or seven nominees for two positions.  Elliot and a girl named Kristen are our delegates.  They are the two I voted for.  They are both anti-Trump.  That was important to me!  Our group voted for Cruz with 59 votes.  Trump got 22 and Kasich got 10.  I was looking over the shoulder of the people tallying the votes.  At first Trump was ahead.  I caught Nate Wixom's eye.  We both shook our heads and mouthed, "What is happening?" and "I can't believe it!"  Luckily Cruz pulled out ahead.  Mike was also picked to be a county delegate.  As we were driving home Maysen told me she regretted not having me nominate her for a county delegate.  She thought it would be cool to go to her government class and be able to tell Mr. Ochoa that she was a county delegate.  I wasn't sure if she was available the day the delegates have their meeting.  Would have been cool though.  I texted Melissa the results when I got home.  She was relieved.  She texted back that she was happy with anyone but Trump.

No comments: