Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Ensign Peak

Today is Matt's 35th birthday.  I have been so excited to give him his birthday present.  Bubs unknowingly spoiled the surprise yesterday.  I gave it to Matt anyway.  I wish I would have videoed it.  Matt saw it and yelled, "Come on!" and threw the book across the room.  It was so funny!  Luckily I was able to show Matt how hilarious this book really is.  Here are a few pictures. 
 This one is slightly horrifying
 This one is my favorite
 Stephanie convincing Matt that this present is awesome
We hiked up Ensign Peak with my family, Matt's family, my dad and Max.  It was HOT!  Anne walked the entire way up.  What a trooper!
View from Ensign Peak
 Willy (who is hilarious by the way), Anne & Preston
 Anne & Preston
 Dad in tour guide mode
 Dad, Jeff, Sam, Jorja & Maysen
 Sam & Jeff, Willy & Max, Matt, Maysen, Preston, Jorja, Dad, Anne
Matt and Sam took my dad home with a promised stop at Patty's on the way.  Someone from Israel was there with his nativities.  I can't remember his name, but he gave the most gorgeous nativity to Anne. Just a simple little one, but it is beautiful.  I took Max home.  Our plan was to hurry and go to Cowabunga Bay.  We had free tickets from 6-9, courtesy of Jorja's orthodontist.  Two things ruined our plan.  Traffic was awful and Preston threw up.  He was sitting in the back and got car sick.  I can't believe I didn't have any airplane throw up bags.  I usually always have those, but it has been a long time since Stockton or Preston have gotten car sick.  Instead we just stayed at home and had tacos and ice-cream.

No comments: