Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hu's on First

Today was our last day with Willy.  We had a lot of fun!  Maysen helped me make the yummy kind of waffles this morning.  Sacrament meeting was cool.  It was a farewell/homecoming for two brothers.  Grant returned from Equador.  Noah is leaving to the Baltic States or something like that.  He will have to speak several different languages during his mission.  Yikes!  Mr. Ward was here.  He talked to the youth. I was told that he said he knew many of the kids parents.  Then he asked if there were any Smith kids here.  He asked Stockton what his dad's name was.  He answered Mike.  Mr. Ward said that he knew Stockton's dad and his grandpa.  Funny.  Mike said hi to him afterwords.  He said, "Sorry I couldn't see your presentation.  I was working the AV club in the other room."  Brother Masters had asked Mike if he could get a projector to run some video clips he wanted to show.  Anyways, kind of fun.  I also grabbed Willy and Emily.  I wanted to text a picture of them to Willy's mom.  Emily is in our ward.  She was just called to the Taipei Taiwan mission.  That is where Willy's family lives.  Willy said his mom loves to feed the missionaries.  I thought if she had a picture of Emily and Willy together she would look for her!
Emily & Willy

Mike made a delicious dinner of fish, potatoes and scones.  We played 'Scum' that Willy learned at Youth Conference.  Then we had a game of Wiffle Ball.  Willy was up first and got a single.  I was excited that happened so fast.  I started cheering that Hu was on first.  Yay!  I would have been annoyed if we never took advantage of this opportunity. After Willy left Stockton said, "Dang it!  When he was swimming I never pointed out he was 'wet Willy'."  Mike said he called him 'free Willy' while we were swimming.  Willy was a lot of fun.
Hu's on first!
Willy did know what we were referencing.  He is a good sport.  Stockton liked to say, "Hu's up!"  I didn't get that one at first.
 Hu's on second
Preston was so sad to say good-bye to Willy.  They got along well together.  Preston did have an opportunity to practice patience.  Willy is a tease!  It drove Preston crazy sometimes.  I think it was good for Preston.  Even though Willy would tease him, you could tell he really liked Preston.  Willy is great with younger kids.  I was trying to get a good picture of Willy and Preston.  Stockton enjoyed photobombing. Weirdo.
 Stockton, Willy & Preston
I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to turn off the short video my camera takes on every picture.  Although sometimes it is funny to see what was actually happening.  Ignore my messy kitchen and my obnoxious cackle.
We rushed out the door after this and headed to the airport.  Stockton and Preston came with us.  Kind of scary to have your children in all different places and hope they meet up at the airport for your flight across the world.  We were the last to arrive.  Preston told Willy's parents he wanted to rent Willy for one more week.
Preston & Willy
Once we got home we watched the Blink episode of Dr. Who and the season finale of The Goldbergs.  Also a fairy Olympics show.  Preston started crying when Mike said Maysen would be at college three weeks from now.  He said, "What?  That's way too soon!"  Earlier I was talking to Jorja and I asked her if she was excited to get her own room or if she was dreading it.  She started crying and said, "I don't want Maysen to go to college."  It is sad for everyone (except probably Maysen) that this period of our life is ending.  I don't know what to expect.  I have enjoyed every second of this.  I want to keep them this age forever.

No comments: