Sunday, June 30, 2019

Stockings

Elizabeth and Audrey came with us to church again. That was great. It was the fifth Sunday, so the second hour we had a random combined lesson. It was on not falling for scams from others, especially church members. Just the kind of lesson you want to bring an investigator to.

Today was also Ian Valentine's mission farewell. He did a great job. He talked about prayer. That talk was perfect for Elizabeth. My favorite story he told was silly. He wanted to get Isaac Johnson a present for his 13th birthday, but he didn't have a lot of money. At the time Isaac loved Buster Posey, a baseball player for the San Francisco Giants. Ian bought a pack of baseball cards, then he went home and prayed that Buster Posey would be in that pack. When Isaac opened the present, the card on top was Buster Posey. Haha. That's so funny! I loved that.

Ian is also going to Arizona. Pheonix Arizona speaking Spanish. Another boy from our ward, Dylan Heaton is there. That would be cool if they were able to cross paths. Three missionaries from our ward are in Arizona right now. Julie is amazing and got Ian this crazy Arizona cake. Sorry Stockton that your mom doesn't pull things off like this!
Ian's cake ~ after
 Ian's cake ~ before
I spent a lot of time texting Rachel today. I have made stockings for three of her girls. She has had a hard time deciding which stocking to pick for Mina. I sent her several choices today. It's hard, because there are so many cool ones. And this is the last stocking. While I have been waiting for her decision, I have been working on Rachel's stocking. She bought a nativity stocking years ago, but never had the time to work on it. I told her I would do it for her. My dad brought the stocking back after he visited them for Mina's baptism. I'm hoping to get Mina's finished before Christmas. I can't stand the thought of all the kids having a stocking from me except her. It's not like she is a baby and has no idea. Anyway, this is how far I am on Rachel's stocking. I'm getting old. It is MUCH harder to see the fabric now! I always thought that was crazy when people couldn't see close up. Welp, I get it now and it is not fun.
I sent Rachel pictures of my family's stockings while she was trying to make a decision. I love them, so I'm going to put them on here. (Except I don't love Mike's. He likes it though, so I guess that is all that matters.)
 My stocking when I was growing up
 The stocking I made for my mom
 Mina's future stocking

No comments: