Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mike's Happy Birthday

Mike is now as old as me. Maysen really wanted to make him a TEC the Robot cake. The kids were great helpers. Jorja got the table ready, Maysen frosted the cake and brought TEC upstairs, Stockton did a lot of cleaning, and Preston walked around practicing 'Happy Birthday!'
Maysen, Preston, Jorja
TEC, Mike & Stockton
I really wanted to have bacon arms on TEC. I knew Mike would think it was funny. In the show The Middle, the mom made a donut dad with bacon arms for Father's Day.

I decided I didn't want to have 36 candles, so I thought I would get one color to represent 10's and one color to represent 1's. I said to myself, "I will need 7 candles." The white represent the ones and the black the 10's. Too bad I got the age wrong. No wonder Maysen was confused when I told her how I wanted the candles. The weird thing is, I know he's 36. How did I keep coming up with 34 on the candles. I guess I'm not too good at math. Good luck next year with homeschool Maysen!
Silly faces
Preston & freaky Jorja
We let Maysen light the candles for the first time. Preston was a little nervous about that.
Maysen, Preston, Jorja
TEC enjoying his bacon arm
The kids each gave Mike a popcorn bucket filled with a computer part. I got him a MiniMac. I thought we needed one more computer in our house.

After we got the kids to bed, Mike and I went out to dinner. Mike wanted to go to a new Italian restaurant near our house. We got there about 8:40. The restaurant closes at 9. It was pretty funny. I asked if my meal came with the bread and salad, it did. I ordered my salad dressing on the side. The watress brings our salads out and the dressing is on it. She was nervous saying, "Sorry, we are close to closing and they were hurrying on your salad...I'll make you a new one if you want." I told her it wasn't a problem. Soon she was back saying, "They don't want to make any more rolls, but next time you come in you can have a lot of rolls." We thought that was pretty funny. Then we see the hostess leaving. Then the lights in the restaurant turn off (we were outside). Mike said soon she was going to say, "I'm sorry, I would have cooked your chicken, but we were in a hurry to leave." I'm glad we weren't the only ones there. We were the last ones by about three minutes. The waitress had her purse on as we walked out. It was funny in an odd sort of way.

Now we are about to watch a movie. Star Trek. Hopefully I don't fall asleep. At least Mike gets to stay home tomorrow!

No comments: