Monday, June 6, 2011

First Swim/Dive Meet

Stockton and Jorja had their first diving/swimming competition for our neighborhood pool. The wind was blowing so hard! Maysen wanted to come and watch Stockton, but I talked her out of it. I wanted her to stay home with Preston. Stockton did really well. I don't know what his final score was, or who won the meet. The meet started late, so they just said they would e-mail the results. None of the divers complained . . . did I mention it was cold?
Stockton
Stockton: Reverse Dive
Backward Dive
One and a half
Jorja swam the freestyle, back stroke and freestyle relay. She was a few seconds slower than Saturday. I wonder if the cold had anything to do with it. She swam her freestyle in 37.7 and her back stroke in 38.84. On her relay, Jorja dove in the water a few seconds before the girl hit the wall. When I mentioned this to Jorja she said, "I know I dove in early, but I was just so cold." Hopefully the weather will cooperate the next time!
Cold Porja
Jorja: freestyle
Jorja's cheering section
Preston, Ella, Ange & Abbs, Lincoln
Quick note: I know above I wrote about Maysen watching Preston. She did. Mike brought Preston & Ange's family to watch Jorja's back stroke. In and out . . . like it should be.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Stockton's amazing! What a fun talent to have!