Sunday, June 5, 2011

Messy Face

This morning Stockton and I made brownies. When I explained to him I needed someone to lick the bowl, he was all for it. Preston discovered and joined in the action as well. Great job Stockton, your brownies were delicious!
Preston & Stockton
My dad, Bubs & his kids, and Matt came over for dinner. Dinner was delicious and the company was great. Matt, Mike and I played a game of Dominion (which I won), then a game of Pirates. I was doing awesome. I had a ton of money, but I could not get a pistol or a Schooner! Drove me crazy! Mike and Matt were doing terrible. They each had larger ships, but had no crew! Well, after they attacked a merchant they had no crew. The merchant sailed to me. I was going to let it pass, but at the last second decided to attack. I had a doctor, so I could call it off. Too bad it hit me all four times in the cannon round and I was out of the game! I forgot about that little tidbit. It worked out well though because the second I was out of the game I heard little feet running. Preston was up. (This was close to midnight) I got him water and put him back to bed. When I went in the boys room, Stockton was really struggling. He was having a hard time breathing, it reminded me of so many nights/days with him when he was little. Unlike when he was little I could now not pick him up and carry him to the bathroom. I begged him to come with me and let the steam help him, but he wouldn't budge. He wouldn't let me get him any medicine at all. I laid with him while he struggled until he fell back asleep. I was worried, but also not worried. While he sounded terrible, it was not near as bad as it had been years ago. I could tell he was getting more air down him . . . thank goodness for growing! After about a half an hour he fell back asleep, I left him in his bed and hoped for the best.

Matt ended up defeating Mike in a pathetic Pirate game. While I was running about dealing with the boys I overheard Mike say, "We could just both work for twenty turns in a row." Haha!

3 comments:

brett said...

working for 20 turns in a row = (shameful)x(20)

Stephanie said...

Brett & Rachel do the most awesome math!

Brett - Rachel B said...

Stockton having a hard time breathing? Mina can relate! It's sad to wish away infancy, but but sickness is so much easier when they are bigger. Hope he felt better for swimming!