Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ear Pain

Mike has been in intense pain all day long. He couldn't sleep at all last night. I was able to get him an appointment this morning. He has some kind of infection in his right ear. The doctor prescribed these steroid ear drops and pain medicine. Lortab I think. It seems like the Lortab is just taking the edge off of his pain. He is still gasping and tossing and turning. Hopefully the ear drops will start working on the infection and tomorrow will be better. Man, between doctors and helping kids with homework I don't have time for anything else. I guess that is why I STILL haven't finished the Parry Post . . . from MAY! That's embarrassing. Hopefully I'll get it done soon and be able to send it out with a request for the next post.

Maysen and I went to a Wacky Wednesday thing our church was having. They had all sorts of crafts. Maysen wanted to do a tile that had a big S and said Smith below it. It was easy and turned out really cute. My kind of craft.

While we were working on our tile, we sat next to Allie Evans. She made a comment that she has never met my husband. I told her that he grew up with her husband . . . in the same ward for awhile. Allie's mother-in-law was sitting next to her and started asking me questions. After a few, she said, "Oh, you're Scoop's daughter-in-law. I heard Scoop's selling his house." Ouch. We did not know that. Maysen did not know that. Maysen was not happy about that. I wasn't either. I wish his dad would have at least told Mike what his plans were. It is annoying finding out from other people, plus it is quite awkward. There was a time when we were hoping to one day buy Mike's childhood home. It was filled with such happy memories for us. That was one of the main reasons we went to Georgia. Too bad the stock market crashed and we were not able to be in a position to buy his house. That's okay though. The house now has very bad memories mixed in with the good. I am glad we are able to have a house with no memories associated with it. It will be all ours and we can fill it with memories we will cherish.

Still, change is always hard.

No comments: