Friday, September 30, 2011

Mike's Home!

Mike made it safely back from Georgia! I listened to BYU eek out a victory over Utah State while I went to pick him up. Mike scored 100% on his certification test, so that is pretty awesome. On the way home from the airport I realized that we hadn't read scriptures today! We have been perfect this entire year! So, when we got home, we woke the kids up and read them one verse. I know. Not the best mother moment, but at least we still have our 100% streak.

Speaking of not the best mother moments, I forgot it was short day! How could I forget that? Stockton loves short day. I was able to get an appointment to meet with one of my young women, so I made a mad dash to the store to get a cake mix. I was in such a hurry, that I just plain forgot. Luckily Stockton was able to get in through my bedroom door and he let in Jorja. I also realized that my door had been unlocked the entire time Mike was away. Oopsie.

Maysen and Jorja helped me hurry and make cupcakes for Katie. I couldn't have finished without them. Anyway, I am so glad I am not a single mom. I am glad Mike is back here safe and sound . . . and that he is shaving his beard off even as I type.
Jorja

No comments: