Saturday, September 24, 2011

Scary Clowns

What a busy day! We started off this morning with a primary program practice. The primary provided donuts for breakfast. Preston came home and said, "The microphone was very voicy." I guess he was really loud when he said his part.

We then went to Miah's baptism. She looked and sounded sweet. Miah sang the song When I am Baptized while Tage played for her on the guitar. It was very cute. After we went to their house for lunch. They now have two horses. Mike's body doesn't agree with that. Jorja and Preston love it there and were sad to leave. Preston did have a slight freak out. "Stockton doesn't like me because he wants to take turns on the tramp." What? Crazy baby.

Mike and the kids then dropped me off at home and they were able to go boating! We have been wanting to get together with Steve & Shannon all year, but every time we could go they couldn't and visa versa. Mike said Jorja tried the knee board and really liked it. Maysen also did the knee board and all the kids enjoyed the tube.

I spent the time doing laundry and watching Bubs' kids for a bit. (I didn't stay home for that, but it worked out perfectly that I could help out.) I actually stayed home because I had tickets for Womens Conference today. I was really excited about it and had planned to go with Shannon awhile ago. We had a little trouble finding the parking, so Shannon let me out and I saved her a seat. I was nervous that she wouldn't make it and I would be asked to give up her seat. Luckily she found me okay. This was my first time ever in the conference center. The chairs were really comfortable and it was easy to see. It was crazy how chaotic it is in the background . . . at least for the first part. That is something you never see on the satellite!

Shannon and I went out for salad after the meeting. It reminded me of Salad with the Sisters that they do in Georgia. It was fun to talk to Shannon.

Once we made it home, Mike had the kids in bed and we took off again. We went to a Haunted House that Connor works at. Connor is a mad scientist. It is a scary clown haunted house. We met Sherry, Matt & Tage there along with Lisa, Nathan, Melissa & Derek, Taylor and Michael. I had an enjoyable time. Although Haunted Houses don't scare me, it was still fun to get together. At one point there is a big pretend dog that barks. Mike joked that if it was a real dog chained up that it would freak me out. That is so true. I DO NOT like dogs.

That's about it for today. Mike's ear is still hurting. Can't wait until he is not in pain anymore!

No comments: