Friday, June 12, 2015

Batting Cage and Lagoon in June

Maysen and Stockton left for Youth Conference this morning.  Mike and I walked them over to the church.  We will still in our pajamas.  We get dressed up for things around here!  Maysen is not too excited about going.  Stockton hasn't complained.  He does know that there are platforms where they are going, so that will be fun for him.

We had fun playing in the batting cage this morning.  Blake has such a good swing!  I had no idea that Skye and Larkin bat left.  I didn't expect that.  Kanyon was excellent and it was so much fun to watch Mike!
Blake
 Mike & Blake
Blake was so funny because as soon as he took the batting helmet off he would frantically look for his Dodgers hat.  I tried to get a picture of him, but he kept hiding.  This one was the best I could get. I think it is adorable because Larkin and Blake are making the same face.  Love that!
Larkin & Blake
 Skye
 Larkin
 Kanyon
 Mike
 Hard to see, but Larkin is feeding balls to her Dad
 Jorja's favorite past time
 Mike played baseball with his kids for quite awhile.
Blake
 Larkin
We piled Mike and his three oldest kids in our car and headed to Lagoon.  We had the room since we didn't have Maysen or Stockton with us.  Christen wanted to wait until Parker woke up, and I don't blame her one bit!  We went on Rattlesnake Rapids twice and got soaked to the bone!  It was great!  Especially since I was wearing my swimsuit.  I thought Skye and Larkin looked adorable in their matching My Dad is my BFF shirts.
Larkin & Skye (Blake's back & Jorja's on the fence)
Our pavilion we have had for years is being made into a giant pavilion. I'm guessing it will probably only be used for giant parties.  That is too bad.  It was in a great location.  We've been going to Lagoon as a family since I was little.  I wonder how long that pavilion has been ours?  I think over 25 years, probably more.  The new pavilion was okay, but it was next to the smoking section.  It was only annoying a few times throughout the day.  It also didn't feel as secluded as our old pavilion. It was still a lot of fun!  Grandpa was there.  He's not too happy because his doctor won't let him drive anymore.  He loves driving and has told me on many occasions that it is his favorite past time.  It sure is hard getting old.

Skye went around with Jorja and Preston for most of the days.  She LOVED all the scary rides!  Wicked, Spider, Rocket....she wasn't scared of a thing!  Larkin didn't want to go on any upside down rides, but she LOVED the twisty rides.  Musik Express, Tilt-A-Whirl...things like that. I went on Tilt-A-Whirl with her right before she left.  I told her I could ride it once a day and this was the time. I rode it with Larkin and Blake. We spun so fast!  I couldn't believe it!  I don't think I have ever had that many super fast spins in one ride before.  Larkin loved it!  Blake was terrified.  He was not happy when we got off the ride.  He is completely adorable when he is mad.  He does this growl that is just awesome.
Skye & Jorja
 Skye, Jorja, Preston
Jorja, Skye and Preston went on some rides by themselves.  I let them go before I asked Christen if it was okay.  She said, "Well, it is now!" She had never let Skye go off on her own like that before.  That is the difference between being the oldest child and the youngest.  They had a great time together.  I know they went on the train, the swings and Tidal Wave.  Apparently Preston kept saying, "What's cooking Good Lookin'?" to random people.  I'm guessing Preston might be a handful when he is a teenager.

Mike and Christen left around 9:00 or so, but they let us keep Skye with us.  We had a great time with her!  Lagoon is so much fun when the kids are this age.  Wanting to ride anything!  It was great!  We stayed until the bitter end.  Jorja, Skye and Preston were riding Wicked until the garbage cans were placed in front.  We had such a great time today!

Jorja slept in her room tonight.  Brooke and her family are now camping at Lagoon.  Jorja has been worried about Boing.  She didn't want to check on her before Lagoon because she was worried she died and then she would be sad all day.  Mike and I went and checked on her.  She was alive, but is not looking well.  Jorja has done everything. She has taken her to the vet, given her medicine.  It looked like she recovered for awhile, but that was short lived.  She has not been herself since she broke her leg.  Jorja had her out of her cage and held her for a long time after we got home.  Boing isn't going to be alive much longer. I have a beautiful picture I took of Jorja and Boing, but Jorja does not want me to put it up here.  Poor girl sure loves her frogs.  I'm glad she got a chance to say good-bye to Boing.

No comments: