Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Camp Jedi

I have been nervous for a long time about day camp for the scouts.  I didn't know what to expect.  I didn't know what my responsibilities would be.  I didn't know if the kids would be under control or super crazy.  Anyway, today was the first day of camp.  Preston was so excited!  We had 8 boys and 3 leaders.  Years ago, someone in our ward had the bright idea to have all our scouts wear bright green tiger striped neckerchiefs.  Let me just say, that person was a genius.  It was so nice to just count the green neckerchiefs when every other scout looked the same.  The day started off kind of tricky.  They are still repaving the main road in our subdivision.  Ethan's family had to go all the way around to get to the church.  Ashley couldn't find Burke's permission slip.  They had dropped it off at her house and given it to her boy Luke.  Ashley had to run home because the road was now blocked off to her street.  She still couldn't find it, so she called Burke's dad, Burke and he raced to the church on his motorcycle with his baby. We were able to get there and everything went fine.  They had storm troupers that we had to get past in order to get in the camp.  Darth Vader made an appearance a couple of times.  The kids seemed to have a great time.  There were more crafts than I was anticipating.  The leaders had to help with most of them.  I did not like that.  I hate crafts. Especially involving glue guns.  I was put in charge of the glue guns. At least I survived.  I do not like crafts.  Preston's favorite station was probably archery.  They had a pretty good setup.  He is adorable.
Ethan & Preston
Aiden came with us to scout camp.  His mom had her twins today. Ashley took him to the parking lot at lunch time.  His grandpa was supposed to pick him up and take him to the hospital.  Turns out Camee wasn't as far a long as she hoped, so Aiden was able to finish the day.  That was good.  Camee did have her twin boys today.  Healthy and beautiful.

No comments: