Friday, October 30, 2015

Day Before Halloween

Jorja was excited to dress up for school.  She decided to go as a pirate. She is an adorable pirate.
Jorja
Maysen had early morning seminary, then no school until around 11:00.  She didn't have her vet class today, so I had the morning with her.  We went and saw Preston's Halloween parade at school.  Preston dressed up as Little Mac from Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
Preston
I dropped Maysen off at school for physics, then picked her up about an hour later.  She had a pretty easy day today.  When Jorja got home we hurried up to Mike's work.  Maysen and Stockton also got dressed up as pirates.  The kids went trick-or-treating to the different desks.  The floors were mostly decorated.  Mike's wasn't.  He said it was because they do real work there.  The top floor was all Star Wars.  It was crazy! I think it went though the first three movies....something like that.  The Jabba the Hut and Ewoks were pretty cool.
Stockton, Jorja, Maysen, Preston, Mike
Mike and I went out to dinner at Mimi's Cafe.  One of his friends gave us a gift certificate after the work swim party.  So nice!  We finally had a chance to go, and it was delicious.  My favorite was the pumpkin muffin.  Weird that a muffin was my favorite, but it was so so good!  We then went to the adult session of stake conference.  Mike and I sat on the stage in the back.  We listened to Sister Park talk about losing her son 21 years ago when he was 10 years old.  I think it was meningitis. So sad.  Her talk was really good though. Mike and I snuck out early. Mike forgot to bring his pain pills and he couldn't stand his tooth anymore.  I hate that tooth.  I really do.  I can't believe how much pain it has caused Mike.  I didn't realize that it was a filling that has been causing him this much pain.  The tooth that was filled?  His wisdom tooth!  Why didn't the dentist just pull that blasted thing?  It has been horrible and I'm not feeling any of the pain.  I do get woken up frequently as I watch Mike deal with it.  I don't like to see him hurting. I hope the pain stops soon.

No comments: