Monday, January 11, 2016

Boats

Today at scouts we made boats.  Judy planned everything, thank goodness!  I detest crafts and was not looking forward to this at all.  I was going to try and have Mike help them with a car afterwords, but Mike said he needed the entire hour for that.  I was trying to do both so Crew could get his Motors Away belt loop before his birthday.  I'm not looking forward to Crew's birthday.  He is such a great kid.  It will be a little sad not seeing him every week.

Maysen had her big social studies presentation tonight.  There are judges and everything.  She was in a group with three other people. They think it went well.  Maysen wants to do well enough to get an A, but she does not want to win.  The winners move onto the next level. Maysen is looking forward to this being over.  As the group of kids were leaving, Maysen handed me her things and jogged ahead to catch up with them.  I thought they were just going to talk about their thoughts on their presentation.  When I rounded the corner I saw Maysen gathering the group into a circle so she could say a 'thank-you' prayer. I have one amazing daughter.

No comments: