Thursday, January 28, 2016

Stockton's 16th Birthday

Stockton is now 16 years old and I can hardly believe it.  We have been incredibly blessed to have him as part of our family.  I managed to get this picture of him before he rushed off to school.
Stockton
I was looking through some old pictures today so I could post a collage on Instagram.  Here are just a few.
Stockton with the Reading Bowl trophy
 Stockton & Stephanie
 Stockton holding Preston
 Tiny baby Stockton
 Maysen & Stockton ~ I LOVE this one!
 Stockton and his bird arms
Stockton had diving today and I was a big fail at taking videos.  Here is a picture of the first time he did a reverse off the platform.  Well, I'm not positive that it was his first time, but I wanted to video it. Especially since he ripped it and everyone cheered.  By the way, ripping is way good in diving.  If you hit the water just right it makes a loud thunking sound.  Not sure the best way to describe it.
Stockton
I did get a video of Stockton doing a 2 1/2 off the three.  I just hope I can figure out how to get the videos on the blog.  Sometimes I can do it, sometimes I can't.  It might just be a big empty screen.  If it is, I'm sorry.
There is a tradition in diving where on your birthday you jump off the platform while everyone throws their shammies at you.  I'm not sure if this is a BYU tradition, a Utah tradition or a diving tradition.  Anyway, Stockton managed to make it through diving without anyone knowing it was his birthday.  As he was drying off I walked by Tyce and told him it was Stockton's birthday.  Tyce said, "Stockton!  Up on 5!"  Everyone sang Happy Birthday to him before he jumped.  Here is his jump.  Once again, I apologize if the video does not work.
Stockton and I picked up his cake and nuggets on our way home.  We had ordered both previously so it was easy.  I cheated on my 'no sugar' diet today and enjoyed his extremely delicious cake.  That will have to hold me over until March.
 Stockton
We gave Stockton a lot of shirts because he keeps growing.  The kids gave him a Paper Mario 3DS game.  Mike wrapped up his lettermans jacket and told him he could pick out one.

Seth and Isaac came over tonight to talk to Stockton about coming into the priest quorum.  That is going to take a bit of time to wrap my head around that one!
Really Jorja?  Again?
My dad came tonight with ice cream and a card.  He walked downstairs and said, "Milkshakes!"  Stockton likes to say that when he sees my dad.  He had digested enough after cake and nuggets that he was more than happy to have my dad make him a milkshake.  He also gave him cash.  Mike's dad called and talked to him for a bit as well.  He received a card from him with a check in it today also.

In non-Stockton related news, Maysen had her very first job interview today.  She feels like she did really well and they have asked her back for a working interview.  They said they would call in a few days to set it up.  Hopefully she gets this job.  She would love it.  It is at an animal clinic.  I think she cleans the dog cages and plays with the dogs.  Not sure.  She needs 80 hours working with animals for her vet class, so we have our fingers crossed for this one!

No comments: