Sunday, January 28, 2018

Stockton's an Adult!

Today is Stockton's 18th birthday! AHHHHHH!!!!!! I am so proud of him and the person he has become, but turning 18 just reminds me how quickly he will be leaving us. I realize this is the goal, it is just hard to watch your babies not need you anymore. Stockton has brought such joy into our lives. He is super funny and super smart. I adore this kid!

Maysen texted Stockton at exactly midnight to wish him a happy birthday. She had a happy birthday Garfield song on a loop. The 'Happy birthday, happy birthday, whoopty do, whoopty do. May your day be pleasant, open up your present. Whoopty do, whoopty do.' At least that is how I think it goes, I'm not 100% positive.
Stockton ~ 18
 Stockton and Stephanie
I usually try to put on makeup on Sundays, but today that didn't happen. It was crazy getting ready for 9:00 church with four extra little girls! Grace specifically didn't want to go. I brought her anyway, even without shoes. Mike was going to stay home with Mina and then we were going to switch so he could teach Elders Quorum. Mina came upstairs dressed and excited to go to church right as we were about to walk out the door. Wow! Preston also gave a talk today. He wrote it this morning. Marie said it was the best talk she had ever heard. Mostly because he talked so people could understand him. All of my kids are great speakers. This is Preston's talk:

When builders build a building, they have a plan before they can build. All buildings have a foundation, doors, windows and walls, but they're all different. Some are tall, some are big, some are different shapes and colors, and they all serve different purposes.

Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us. He helps build us up how he wants us to become. We also help build up each other. I don't know his entire plan for me, but I know he has a plan for each of us. We can pray to learn more about the plan he has for us. When we're older, we can get a patriarchal blessing, which can tell us even more about what God has in store for us.

I know that if we are willing to help Heavenly Father build his kingdom on earth that he will help us be a part of that work. I know he has a plan for me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Eve and I snuck in the back to watch Preston. I was glad I was able to see him. Eve refused to go to nursery. She said it was scary. She came to my classes with me instead and fell asleep in Relief Society. After church I wanted to get a picture of Stockton. Jorja wanted pictures with him too. We took a lot. They sure have fun together.
Stockton and Jorja
 Weird Face Jorja
 Stockton and Jorja
 I think Jorja looks SOOOOO much like her cousin Aimee in this picture.
 I was singing Grover's 'Near, far, over and under and through'
 I think this one is my favorite.
 Stockton walking away from Jorja doing the funniest walk. I was laughing so hard!
 Jorja posing, but I missed Stockton doing the exact pose right behind her. Again I was laughing too hard to catch it.
 Rachel's brother brought her back from Dubai. Her kids went nuts!
Rachel with Eve, Grace and Mina
 Stockton's traditional birthday cake
 Side View
 With Candles! We didn't have enough, so every candle is times 2.
 Stockton opening Preston's present with his best friend Eve
 Preston made Stockton a computer game titled Yarg 3D
 Stockton loved it. Preston loved it. Eve loves Stockton.
 Grace and Jorja watching Stockton open Jorja's present
 Jorja's present
 Jorja gave Marie a makeover. She loved it!
Photobombs by Rachel & Mina, Jorja & Eve
The kids played One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak. Stockton got that for his birthday. Marie was so happy about that! She just wished they could play more games.

No comments: