Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Preston's Braces are OFF!

Preston got his braces off today! Woohoo! Always good to be done with that part of your life. Not fun getting them off though. I remember how bad that hurt. I was tempted to stop the orthodontist and ask if I could just keep them on. Glad it is over and his teeth look great!

Preston ~ before
Preston & Dr. Watson ~ during
Preston ~ after
One of my favorite pictures of Jorja is the picture I took of her in the car after she got her braces off. It is still the icon on my phone for her. I asked Preston to let me take a picture of him with his braces off. This is the result.
Preston and his new smile
Jorja sent a picture back showing him how it should be done. Haha
I ordered Jorja a Chinese CTR ring with Joshua 1:9 on it. Just the reference, not the entire verse. Joshua 1:9 is what she picked for her missionary plaque scripture. "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."
Jorja's home MTC ~ Sister Gale, Elder McRoberts
Elder Darlington, Sister Smith
Stockton found out today that he is not allowed to compete in the Goldwater scholarship because he already needed to be doing a research project. He texted me, "You've been recommended as someone who should apply for this.... Oh wait, you don't fit the requirements." That is disappointing, but at least he found out at this stage and not after he jumped through a ton of hoops. Anyway, here is a picture of Stockton and Alyssa riding their bikes in the dark in the rain. I'm pretty sure they were coming back from their Calculus 3 class. They signed up for an online Monday night class, only to find out it has now been switched to an in-person class at the library. Lame! But they are good sports, which is why they are riding bicycles.
Stockton & Alyssa
Preston had to make a how-to video for his Chinese class. There are a lot of videos on my phone of the process, but I'll just show this short clip of the end. Haha. Love that boy!

No comments: