Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Stockton ~ The Bear

Stockton received his Bear in Cub Scouts today. He had to tell a Tall Tale before he earned it. He summarized the story of Rip Van Winkle. I'm glad he remembered it, because I had completely forgotten about it. I had good intentions about practicing the story with him, but that never happened.
Stephanie & Stockton
Stockton pinning his mom
Mike wasn't able to go to pack meeting because he has been suffering with a kidney stone all day. Jerome came over early this morning and gave him a blessing. Between that, Motrin, honey & Dr. Pepper he seems to be doing better. Hopefully the stone will pass without us having to take him to the hospital. Last time he had a kidney stone (June of 1999), he suffered with it for two months before they had to take it out manually - think drain snake. It wasn't a pleasant experience, and one he is hoping to avoid this time around.

On a completely unrelated note . . . when I dropped Stockton & Jorja off at school this morning, I noticed the Vice Principal call Stockton over to talk to her. She called him over to tell him that he scored 100% on his math pre-test. I'm not sure if it was a pre-test over all the material for fourth grade or not; all I know is that kid is amazing!

No comments: