Monday, February 4, 2013

Letter to Parents

I had parent-teacher conferences with Maysen and Stockton last week. These are student led conferences, so you don't even get to see the teacher.  As part of the packet the students put together, they were supposed to write a letter to their parents.  These were our letters.

Dear Mom and Dad,

I feel like I have been doing well in school this year, and I hope that I can keep my grades at all A's.  I have been working hard in school because I want to be successful in life.  Thank you for raising me to be responsible and thank you for taking me to school every day.  Thank you for all of the things you have done for me.  I love you very much.

-Maysen

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm supposed to write a letter to you.  I don't know how far I can go without someone getting mad.  I dont' want to write something cheesy. It says, "You MAY want to include some of the following."  If I wanted to, I could write about random stuff.  That's what I want to do, but someone will get mad.  They'll say, "You were supposed to include cheesy stuff."  Then I'll point out that they obviously didn't care enough to make it required.  I guess I might as well, just in case.  Thanks for getting me all my binders, notebooks and other supplies I needed for my classes.  I've been able to keep myself more organized.

-Stockton

Well, Stockton didn't actually sign his name.  I added that myself. Maybe I should have added a few more (cheesy) things while I was at it! 

No comments: