Saturday, February 23, 2013

Quick Trip

I really wanted to go to Idaho today.  The only problem is there is a huge storm raging outside.  I spent the morning getting the kids to do their chores.  Mike and Jorja cancelled their snowboarding plans.  I got everything ready for tomorrow on the slight chance I could make it to Idaho.  I needed to get things ready to turn into Oakcrest.  Lots of work, but I got everything done and ready to hand off to Ashley, and a list of things for Ashley to do before she hands it off to Alice.

At 2:00 it looked like there was a break in the storm.  I had a small window to make my trip.  I jumped in my car and headed up!  There was only one time where I thought that maybe this wasn't a good idea.  At least it didn't last long.  It took me longer to reach Idaho than usual, but I didn't have any major scary moments, so I'm okay with that!  I got to Grandma's around 6:30.  Jordyn, Sophia and Jane were there. It was nice to see them for a few minutes.  Grandpa made salmon, it was really good.  I don't even like fish!  I was surprised!  

The rest of the night was spent talking, doing jumbles in the newspaper (I solved my first one - with grandma's help - I was quite proud), and watching the Jazz game.  We only watched until half time.  Judging from the score the next morning that was a great idea.

No comments: