Monday, April 18, 2016

Choices

Laundry day!  That is what I did today.  I didn't have scouts today which made this Monday pretty relaxing.  We had Family Home Evening today.  We watched President Monson's talk again.  We talked about how he was getting old and running out of strength.  He only had four minutes to speak to us, what do you think was the most important thing he wanted to say?  First he announced temples.  He then talked about choices and agency.  It was basically the Plan of Salvation.  He talked about faith and repentance.  Choose Christ. Make your faith strong.  Choose the harder right instead of the easier wrong.  I love that.  What a great talk.

I also showed them a short video I found on the internet.  I can't remember where I found it or who published it, but they were on the University of Washington campus.  They were interviewing people asking about their opinions about who can use bathrooms.  The interviewer was a white 5'9" male.  He asked several people what they would say if he told them he was female.  Most of them said they were great with it.  He asked them, "What if I told you I was Chinese?"  Some were confused, but ended up being okay with it.  Next question, "What if I told you I was 7 years old?"  Again, they refused to tell him there was no way he was 7.  He asked if they would be okay with him being in a first grade classroom.  They were.  He asked, "What if I told you I was 6'5"?"  They said that was fine.  He was able to get people to say he was a 6'5" seven year old Chinese woman.  Wow.

No comments: