Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Dogs

Stockton had a long day today.  He had to go early to fill out stuff for his AP tests.  Then he had to stay late to take an AP World History practice test.  His teacher has five out of school tests, they need to go to two of them.  Stockton wasn't able to go to the first one because he had a take home calculus test that day.  He went to the one on Saturday.  I noticed there was a test today after Stockton had left for school.  I texted him and asked if he would want to take this one.  I was surprised he said yes.  Usually Stockton needs to know the plan ahead of time and doesn't like things spur of the moment.  He did say that this would get him out of Young Mens tonight.  They were going skeet shooting. (I think, it was some kind of shooting.)  They were leaving at five and were going to be gone several hours.  Stockton thought if it was going to take several hours he might as well spend the several hours taking this required test.  Anyways, we are really lucky he took the test today. There were supposed to be two tests after this one.  One Stockton could not go to because he has a regional diving competition.  It is at BYU and can't be missed.  Stockton's teacher cancelled the other test, so the one on the diving competition is the only one left.  I am so glad Stockton was able to get this done so we don't have a problem on our hands.  Anyways, I picked Stockton up around 6:30.  We went to Bahama Bucks.  I saw this store yesterday when Preston and I were getting him shoes.  I tried to get him to come with me, but he didn't want to.  I know Christen loves this store.  Probably because it is super fun and Blake can eat things here!  It was so delicious!  Stockton got an orange cream smoothing thing and I got a no-sugar watermelon snow cone.  Preston loved mine when he got home.  He said, "I would have wanted to go if I knew it was going to be so good!"
Stockton
Preston and I had pack meeting tonight.  Mike took Jorja to her softball game.  I was sorry to miss that.  (Her team forfeited.  Most of the girls were at a band concert.  Some of the green team played on Jorja's team. Jorja caught the entire game.)  My wolfs had the flag ceremony and had to preform a skit.  They came up with the skit themselves.  They did a 'Captain Literally' skit.  Brady (dressed as a scout) helped Luke (dressed as an old man) cross the street.  Luke said thanks, but he didn't need to cross the street.  Brady says he is literally the worst scout ever.  Eli came dressed as Captain Literally, said his line and then helped Brady beat up the old man.  Brady was so excited to be a villain.  I am really glad to have that skit over with.  I was not looking forward to it at all.  The mom's were great and had costumes for their kids, I just hate being in charge of things like that.  It is done.  Yay!

Ashley is the best Cub Master ever.  She had some dogs come from a volunteer organization.  They talked about how they use the dogs to help others.  Preston loved the white dog.  He said it looked like Shiver and even had a curly tail.
Preston and Blondie
Preston took my phone and then took a few selfies of him and the dog. I look ridiculous in the background, but I love how happy Preston was about this.
Preston & Blondie
 Preston and Coco
Preston wanted all his stuffed animals on him at bedtime tonight.  I told him he needed to promise me he wouldn't die.  I didn't want to have 'death by stuffed animal suffocation' in his obituary.  He laughed and laughed and told me he would be fine.
Preston.  He's in there.
 So happy.

No comments: