Friday, April 15, 2016

Dallin

I ran into Dallin's mom at the elementary school today.  Dallin is Jorja's good friend.  They go to different schools now and hardly see each other.  I talked to her for awhile.  It made me so sad.  Dallin doesn't have any friends.  He tells his mom that someone has to be the lowest on the pecking order and it is him.  I asked about Jazzie.  Jazzie and Dallin have been great friends even before Jorja moved here.  She said that Dallin and Jazzie are good out of school friends, but not in school friends. Dallin told her that he stays away from Jazzie at school because he didn't want other people to pick on her.  Wow.  That makes me so sad and also proud of Dallin at the same time.  He is such a great kid.  I hope things pick up for him.  It is mostly the Chinese kids that are mean to him.  I told her that Jorja doesn't really even hang out with the Chinese kids now.  Most of her friends aren't in the program.  Jorja was put in classes where she knew no one.  It ended up being one of the greatest blessings.  Cassie (Dallin's mom) said she is going to hope for that next year and is going to let Dallin  know about Jorja's experience. I hope it helps him and I hope 8th grade is much better for him.  Poor guy.

No comments: