Friday, April 1, 2016

Maysen's Wisdom Teeth

I took Maysen to get her wisdom teeth out this morning.  Today has been a very long day.  All four teeth ended up being impacted and they had to drill all four out.  She is miserable.  I almost started crying when they took me back to see her.  The kids were hoping for a funny video while she was under anesthesia, but she couldn't really talk anyways.  I sent Mike a picture after I got her home and in bed.  She looks so much better here!
Maysen
Maysen slept most of the day, with me coming down to change her icepack every twenty minutes.  She has always had a hard time taking medicine.  We tried using pudding to help her, that didn't work very well.  What finally worked was bread.  When she would take the pill and then a piece of bread, she was able to swallow the pill.  It also got something in her stomach, so I was happy about that.  Towards the end of the day Maysen wanted to come upstairs.  Once she stood up she was really nauseous.  She threw up the rest of the day.  Poor girl.  Plus her throw up was mostly blood.  I'm glad she will never have to do this again!
Maysen
Stockton said, "The worst thing is knowing this will be me in a few days!"  Yep.  Stockton is getting his wisdom teeth out on Monday.  Not fun to know what you will be in for.

I made a mad dash to the store to pick up Maysen's medicine.  I wanted to get some ice-cream too.  I saw this.  Non-Dairy Ben & Jerry's.  How cool is that?  Too bad two of the flavors have nuts that would kill Blake anyway.  (Hopefully not.  Hopefully it would just make him really sick.) Hopefully the fudge brownie one doesn't have eggs, and hopefully they will get more flavors like this.  I'll have to get it to try it out on Anne sometime.  Lots of 'hopefully' with allergies.  I am so glad this has not been my trial.  Poor Larkin, Blake and Anne!

No comments: