Sunday, November 20, 2016

Gingerbread

I love gingerbread houses.  I love the smell.  I love the candy.  I love seeing what everyone makes.  I love the chaos.  It is so much fun.  We did gingerbread houses for my family today, except Bubs and his family were unable to make it.  Hopefully we can get him later.  Maybe when John and Cassie are here.  Anyway, here is the product from todays fun.
Stephanie
 Mike
 I always love Mike's houses.  I wish I were as creative as him.
 Stockton
 Preston
Preston was so funny.  He built Trump's wall out of sugar cubes.  That is Trump on the top.  He is holding a whip.  The cinnamon Santa's are "Mexican's" climbing over the wall.  One is scaling the wall with a candy cane.  Definitely not politically correct, but it was funny listening to Preston while he was decorating.
Preston's puppy sleigh was really cute.  You can't see it here very well, but I love how he was able to get icing tying all the puppies together.
 Max & Preston
 Jorja
 I wanted one with her smiling.  She doesn't like the elastic
on her braces.  She gets her braces off soon, so she can deal with it!
 Katlyn
Katlyn's parents dropped her off and headed to the hospital.  Katlyn's mom had surgery awhile ago.  One of her staples became infected and she ended up needing surgery tonight.  Katlyn slept over at our house and both Jorja and Katlyn were thrilled with that surprising turn of events.  Katlyn had never had a sleepover before, besides with family. Making lemon aid out of lemons.
Jorja & Katlyn
 Matt
 Sam
 Anne
I put all of Matt's houses on circle plates.  That is because this gingerbread is made without dairy.  I asked Anne when she came in if she wanted a scary gingerbread house or a not-scary gingerbread house.  She said she wanted a not-scary one.  Her little voice is so cute! Sam wanted them to only use dairy free candy.  It worked well until Matt forgot and put kitkats on his house.  He was trying to make it look like his house was boarded up.
Anne, Matt, Sam
 With Jeff
 Dad
My dad made such a cool house,
but the pictures don't do it justice at all!
 Jeff wanted my dad's house
 Cathy
 Max
 Cathy, Max, Dad
Here are my Instagram pictures.  I liked how they turned out, so you get to see these same pictures again.
Matt, Sam, Anne
Max, Dad, Cathy
 Mike, Stephanie, Stockton
Jorja & Katlyn, Preston
I took Jorja and Katlyn to Katlyn's house so she could pick up clothes for tomorrow.  Then I fell exhaustedly into bed.  What a great day!

No comments: