Sunday, November 27, 2016

Lessons

Both Stockton and I had lessons to teach today.  Stockton was able to work on his a bit yesterday.  I was watching kids so was unable to work on it.  Things have been so crazy that I haven't had a chance to plan my lesson yet.  I worked on it this morning and found a cute game to play. The game ended up taking longer than I thought.  I thought some of the answers were obvious, but the kids liked to look up every answer in their scriptures.  They had fun though.  Stockton said his lesson went great.  He is glad to have it over with.

Mike, Stockton, Preston and I played a game of Pandemic.  Stockton looked a little bored, but wasn't obnoxious about it.  We ended up barely winning.  Thanks to Stockton seeing a quicker way and Preston remembering a card that hadn't been played that would likely come up during Mike's turn.  Preston was so happy.

I talked to Matt and Sam today.  We have been saving one of the bunk beds from the cabin for them.  I asked them if they were serious about wanting it because if they didn't we were planning on giving them to a refugee family.  Our ward has about thirty refugee families that they are sponsoring.  They encouraged three families to sign up for each family. We signed up with the Anderson family and the Rich family.  Both the Andersons and the Richs are empty nesters.  I talked to Judy today and she asked if we knew anyone with beds.  A few days after we signed up, Marilyn Rich was diagnosed with breast cancer.  She starts chemo this Wednesday.  Yuck!  Anyways, Matt and Sam were planning on using the beds, but were willing to donate them to the refuges.  That was nice of them.  I hope the family will be okay with bunk beds.  We aren't sure if they can be used as single beds.

School starts tomorrow.  No one is ready for this vacation to be over.  It went by too fast.

No comments: