Thursday, November 24, 2016

Jeff's 1st Birthday

Happy Thanksgiving!  Mike and I started the day bright and early with our last exercise class.  It has been a lot of fun having Mike do this with me.  He hasn't liked it much though.  This was our third class this week. Todays was an hour and fifteen minutes long.  The classes are HARD! We survived, but were so tired when we got home.  We still had a lot to do for Thanksgiving.  Yikes!

Dinner was at our house at 3:00.  My dad was cooking the turkey (and lots of other things).  He told me he would be there at 2:30.  I called him at 3:45 to see if everything was okay.  He was on his way here. Later he told us that he fell on the way to the car.  I don't know how long he was laying there before he was able to get up.  I'm glad nothing serious happened.  Brother Mortenson, in our ward, fell down his stairs on Saturday and needed emergency brain surgery.  He died this morning.

Anyway, on to happier things.  Thanksgiving!  The food was delicious. I made cranberry sauce (actually Mike made that), rolls and a lot of pies for my contribution.  I made a chocolate dairy free pie for Anne.  I got some coconut whipped cream for her too.  She ate all of the whipped cream off of the pie, but didn't touch the pie.  I told Sam next year we should just give her a plate of whipped cream.

We had the adults at the giant table Mike has been making.  That worked great.  We set up a table my dad gave me in the piano room for the kids.  They ate dinner while watching various Thanksgiving cartoons.  My dad brought me my grandma's table from when he was little.  It folds up pretty small.  He has had it in his garage for years, so it is a little beat up.  I'm excited to have it though.  I want to list the people that were here this year.  My dad, Bubs and his family, Matt and his family, Sam's mom, Sam's sister with her husband and five kids.

Today was also Jeff's first birthday.  Anne and Millie helped him open the presents.  All three of the kids seemed to like that arrangement.
Anne & Jeff
 Jeff
Sam brought a cute little cake for Jeff.  It was adorable.  She let Jeff pick at it with his hands.  He was timid at first and kept looking at his mom like, "I can't believe you are letting me get away with this!"  Soon he was banging into the cake with both hands.  I think he liked it!
Jeff's first birthday cake
 Jeff
I wish this last picture wasn't blurry.  It was so funny to see Jeff sitting there with his legs kind of crossed.  "Yep.  I owned that cake!"
We Facetimed Maysen before we went to bed.  She seemed happy.  She spent her Thanksgiving writing and drawing.  She said she wasn't hungry most of the day and finally warmed up some pizza for dinner. Maysen's perfect Thanksgiving.  No people and no food.  Strange little girl.

No comments: