Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Diving Belt

This morning I told Preston I would see him at Parent Teacher conference around lunchtime. I love going to the elementary conferences. The kids talk Chinese to their teacher and it is absolutely amazing. I have a hard time getting them to talk Chinese to me, so I love these moments. Yesterday Jorja had this huge conversation with her Chinese teacher. I had no idea she was so fluent.

I spent most of the day getting things ready for the meeting at SLCC. While I was working on that I got a text from Mrs. Chung that said, "Are you coming?" I thought, "Did I sign up to volunteer?" I texted back, "Am I supposed to be there?" Yep. For parent teacher conference. I can not believe I forgot! I was so embarrassed! Luckily someone cancelled and they were able to fit me in. Preston just rolled his eyes at me when I got there and said, "RIP" That is his favorite thing to say these days. Preston of course is doing great. He has far surpassed the benchmarks for the year. He basically raises himself, so I am pretty lucky.

I checked Stockton out a few minutes early to make sure we were on time for his appointment. It looks like if he takes a few classes this summer he will be able to earn his associates before he graduates. Assuming he passes all five of his AP tests. I can't believe it. That child amazes me. We do have some decisions about summer school to make, but we can't really do that until the schedule gets posted. That won't happen for a few months.

Mike took Preston to diving because I was with Stockton. He sent me these pictures. Preston has never been in the belt before and had the time of his life learning inwards. Mike's phone takes mini movies with the pictures, so it was fun for me to actually see them.
Mike said the little girl, Adi, was laughing hysterically when she was in the belt. At the end of class she tried it without the belt and did a huge bellyflop. Poor girl. Not a fun way to end the day. I hope Preston gets to have this much fun tomorrow when I'm there. He had a grin ear to ear when he got home.

No comments: