Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Diving

Preston got to play at Brian's house today. He was able to get a few hours in before I needed to leave for diving. I am not good at inviting people over, so I love it when Preston's friends take the initiative. I took Stockton and Gavin to the diving competition today. It was an All-American competition. Gavin went for it and was able to score high enough to apply. Stockton didn't want to go for All-American because he hates doing voluntary dives (back dives, front dives, inward dives . . . ) Stockton wanted to do his eleven dives on both the one and three meter board. Turns out Stockton was the only one who did this, which surprised him. It was nice to have a relaxing meet though. Stockton did great. I picked my favorite dive from each board.
Reverse 1 1/2 ~ scored 6 1/2, 7, 6 1/2
Front 2 1/2 ~ scored 6 1/2 bingo
When the announcers say 6 1/2 bingo it means that all the judges gave the same score. It is really funny when the kids dive with the rec summer program. The little kids are so excited when the announcer says 'bingo'. Even if it is 3 1/2 bingo. They will yell to their friends, "I got bingo!"

After the meet we went to Hires Big H by Bubs house. It took forever! I have no idea why it took so long, but we were there for an hour before we got our food. I hurried over to Bubs house afterwords so I could drop off some things for him to take to the cabin. He had the stockings I had made him out. I had wanted to get a pictures of the stockings because I wasn't sure if I had one of all of them. I don't think I got pictures of the ones I made for Steve and Shannon. Anyways, I took this opportunity to get one. It looks like the golf clubs in Santa's golf bag are missing now. That's to be expected after several years.

No comments: