Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Ice Skating

Stockton had the state math test after school. The top four of each grade get to compete at BYU. Stockton has gone every year so far. This time there were a lot of sophomores and juniors taking the test. We'll see if he ends up being able to go. He was surprised that Josh wasn't there. He has gone every year with Josh and thought Josh was taking the test again. I wonder if Josh forgot or just decided he didn't want to go.

The youth activity was iceskating. Stockton asked me if he could stay home. He said that every time he goes iceskating he comes home with huge blisters on his feet that last for months. I told him he could stay home if he promised to always remain active in the church and keep a strong testimony. He laughed and agreed. Sweet! Jorja went to the activity with Audrey. She seemed to have a good time.

Audrey came to church with us on Sunday. It is the first time she has come since she turned twelve a few weeks ago. I talked to the Young Womens and told them to get Audrey out of primary because she would be given the boot. Then I talked to her primary teacher and let her know. I talked to the music teacher and said that Audrey would come in so she could get the boot. The music teacher asked me to talk to the primary president about that. I talked to the primary president and she wouldn't do it. She didn't have the boot here and she said that she didn't think they were going to do it because Audrey hadn't been coming to primary. Who cares if you have the boot? What does it hurt to sing to her and make her feel special? I was spitting mad. I then had to find Jorja and ask her if she would get Audrey from class because she wouldn't know where to go. I had to go talk to the primary teacher and Audrey and let them know the new plan. I had to find the YW leader and tell her not to come and get her. I asked her if they would introduce Audrey to the YW and make her feel special. I forgot to ask Jorja, so I'm not sure if this ever happened. Doing all that made me late for my primary inservice meeting. The primary president was talking to us. One of the things she mentioned was teaching the children as individuals instead of just going through a checklist of what to do, or something like that. I was still so mad and I couldn't believe that she couldn't see that not singing to Audrey was doing exactly what she told us we shouldn't do. I understand that she wasn't prepared, but who cares if you have the little boot as a prop? Audrey sure wouldn't. Let me explain what the boot is. When a child turns 12 they get to leave primary and go to young men or young womens. The 12-13 year olds come into primary sharing time and we sing a song. It is the hello song. YW sings 'Hello', Primary sings 'good-bye'. It is cute and sweet. You don't need anything fancy for this. I know Audrey hasn't come for a few years, but that does not mean she has never come and it does not mean she wouldn't have loved it. Okay. Rant over.

I really wanted to stay up and watch Studio C on Conan tonight, but I was so tired and I have to get up for exercise early tomorrow. I went to bed ten minutes before it came on. Hopefully I can find it on the internet.

No comments: