Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Founding Farmers

Rachel let Marie and Mina play hookie today. That was fun! We did get home super late last night and the school nurse did call Rachel and make her pick up Marie and Mina with five minutes left of school . . . so hookie today seemed reasonable. I helped the girls set up a new Webkinz account. My kids loved that website when they were growing up. Brett came home for lunch. We played this crazy balance game that I can't remember the name of. We also played a game of Dominion before we headed out to lunch. We went to Founding Farmers. It was delicious! Marie really wanted the turkey. She was excited about it. Although when she ordered it we were told they were out of turkey. Marie handled it like a champ and immediately picked something else. She picked Chicken Pot Pie, which was what I was planning on ordering. I leaned over to Marie and asked if we could split it. I then ordered chicken and donuts. Yummy, yummy lunch and the kids were great at this super nice restaurant. Marie does want to come back later and try their turkey.
Marie
 Eve, Brett, Mina
 Stephanie & Marie
 Mina by a wall I thought was beautiful.
Reminded me of the cherry blossoms in Japan.
 Stephanie & Mina
Brett called his work and was able to take off for the rest of the day. He said it was the perfect time to come because he had just finished up a big project and they don't really want to give him anything new since he will be leaving in a month. Works for me! We went back home and were able to get one more game of Dominion in. Sad to leave these guys, but at least I know I'll get to play with them this summer!
Stephanie & Brett
 Random picture Rachel took of me when I first got here.
Eve, Grace, Stephanie, Mina
 Grace, Rachel, Marie, Eve, Mina, Stephanie
I got to the airport in plenty of time. They had a couple of lanes of freeway devoted entirely to the airport. That was great! The non-airport traffic was moving pretty slow. My flight ended up being delayed a couple of hours. I knew there was no way I was going to make my connecting flight. Before we boarded they made an announcement that if you were going to Salt Lake City not to worry, they would hold the flight for us. Wow! I couldn't believe it. That made me very happy because I was not looking forward to sleeping on the Denver airport floor. I didn't pay extra money to be able to choose my seat. On the first leg I got an isle seat right at the front. There was a lot more leg room up there! Plus, I was able to get off the plane fast. They made an announcement when we landed asking to let all the Salt Lake City passengers off first. I don't think anyone listened. Luckily, front of the plane came in handy. I hustled to the next gate. All the passengers were on the plane. I'm so glad they held it! There were over twenty of us heading to Salt Lake, so that made it nice. Mike picked me up and we arrived home around 1:00 in the morning, 3:00 Virginia time. Today was a long day.Virginia was fun and it is nice to be home. All those things.

No comments: